Sunday, 9 September 2007

Retro Crazy


My Brother in Law recently had a birthday, and he is particularly into things that are 'retro', so I set about creating a card that fitted the part.
The D is because his name begins with a 'D' and I created it using my Cricut machine and cutting 5 letters out and gluing together to make a chipboard look, I decorated with parts of various stamps and stickles. I mounted this onto a shadow D in black.
The word retro I cut small squares and stamped the letters again mounting on shadow black, these were mounted onto strong vellum which over-lapped the card that I had stuck with handmade black & white square retro look paper.
A few star embellishments and some white funky fibre to finish it off.

7 comments:

Marlou said...

great card!! :)

Hazel said...

That's a lovely retro card

Emma said...

LOvely card and a real good example of a card for a male which i always have difficulty with. Great job.

Leigh said...

great card Sadie.

Andrea said...

Brilliant card

mum on the run said...

Great card Sadie, love the retro effect!

Louly said...

Oh Sadie, this is just amazing!